RTPR has assisted Rodbun Grup SA in relation to a syndicated loan in amount of RON 84.5 million for covering the regular needs in the group activity. The financing was granted by a syndicate of banks made of Banca Comerciala Romana, CEC Bank, Raiffeisen Bank and Banca Romaneasca and it was guaranteed by Eximbank. Rodbun Grup is a company – integrator of products and solutions in the agricultural field, having 100% Romanian capital, established in 2002.
The RTPR team that provided legal assistance on this project included Victor Padurari (Partner), Cosmin Tilea (Counsel) and Andreea Stoiciu (Associate).
“We would like to thank the RTPR team which proved to be very involved in this project and supported us in our endeavour to develop a 100% Romanian business. The team’s extensive experience and energy helped us successfully close this new deal.”, declared Daniel Muntean, the CEO of Rodbun Grup.
This transaction marks the second collaboration between RTPR and Rodbun Group, back in 2018 the law firm advised on a RON 262 million financing granted by a syndicate of banks coordinated by Banca Comerciala Romana.
“We are honoured to have assisted Rodbun Grup on this mandate and we are happy to see that Romanian agriculture receives the necessary support to develop. Rodbun Grup is one of the well-known companies in this sector in Romania, a project grown with passion and dedication, in a key area for the Romanian economy. We would like to thank them for their trust and we wish them the best of luck in their future projects.”, declared Cosmin Tilea.
RTPR teamed up with PCF Investment Banking team (previously known as Professional Capital Finance) who provided specialised financial advice to Rodbun Grup.
“We are happy to close a new deal in which we have assisted Rodbun and we are pleased by our collaboration with the RTPR team which contributed to the achievement of our client’s target promptly and professionally.”, declared Mihai Murgu, Partner, PCF Investment Banking.
RTPR has one of the most experienced Banking & Finance teams in Romania, which is recognised for its impressive expertise in the most important transactions in Romania and in the region. Every year international legal guides Legal 500 and IFLR1000 position RTPR’s Banking & Finance practice on the top tier in the rankings for Romania. In the most recent individual rankings published by Chambers Europe 2021 last month, 5 of the firm’s lawyers specialised in this practice area are recommended as Leading Lawyers.
Selected financings in which RTPR have been recently involved are set out below:
- Eximbank, as the coordinating mandated lead arranger, as well as the syndicate of banks comprising Banca Comercială Intesa Sanpaolo Romania, Banca Transilvania, CEC Bank, Garanti Bank, ING Bank NV Amsterdam Bucharest Branch, International Bank for Economic Co-operation, OTP Bank Romania, Raiffeisen Bank Romania and UniCredit Bank in relation to the maturity extension of revolving facilities and modification of the syndicate structure under a secured term and multicurrency revolving facilities agreement granted to Alro, as well as in relation to related security
- Oresa on the financing of the acquisition of logistics and industrial park Solo Iasi from Tester Group owned by Romanian businessman Bogdan Pitigoi
- BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole CIB, Credit Suisse, HSBC, Société Générale and UniCredit acting as Underwriters, Mandated Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners, Société Générale and Komerční banka acting as facility agent and security agent, respectively on the EUR1.150 billion financing of the CME acquisition, a media group which also includes ProTV, by PPF Group N.V.
- A syndicate of banks made up of Raiffeisen Bank International and Raiffeisen Bank Romania as coordinators and Raiffeisen Bank International, Banca Transilvania, UniCredit Bank, Garanti Bank and Intesa SanPaolo Romania as lenders on a credit facility in amount of approximately USD 68 million granted to Alro for covering general corporate needs and working capital of the company as well as future investments
- The syndicate of banks made up of ING Bank N.V. through ING Bank N.V. Amsterdam – Bucharest Branch, Banca Comerciala Romana, Raiffeisen Bank SA and UniCredit Bank SA on a USD 360 million credit facility granted to KMG International group for covering the regular needs in the group activity
- An international financial institution on a USD 60 million secured financing to SNTGN Transgaz SA Medias, the national gas transmission grid operator, for the construction of Phase 1 of the Bulgaria-Romania-Hungary-Austria pipeline/corridor (BRUA project)