RTPR has advised Swedish private equity fund Oresa in relation to the acquisition of logistics and industrial park Solo Iasi from Tester Group owned by Romanian businessman Bogdan Pitigoi. In addition to the acquisition process, the law firm also assisted the buyer in connection with the financing of the transaction.
“We appreciate the effort, professionalism and constructive attitude of the RTPR team both on due diligence and SPA stage and also on bank financing. This made it possible to close this transaction successfully during pandemics challenges and in a very short timeframe”, declared Cornel Marian, Managing Partner Oresa
For this mandate RTPR involved a multidisciplinary team of lawyers for the two workstreams of the deal. The team that advised on the acquisition was made of Costin Taracila (Managing Partner), Alina Stavaru (Partner), Ianita Tui (Counsel), Bogdan Cordos (Senior Associate), Cristi Porojanu, Andreea Stoiciu, Codrina Simionescu and Ioana Ilie (Associates). The financing team included Alexandru Retevoescu (Partner), Cosmin Tilea (Counsel) and Andreea Stoiciu (Associate).
“We would like to thank our clients for their trust and to congratulate them for closing this new deal. We are happy to see that investment funds continue to be interested in the Romanian real estate market. Strong businesses developed by Romanian entrepreneurs attract the investors and along them they enter a new development phase.”, declared Ianita Tui.
“We are honoured to have assisted Oresa in the financing of this acquisition. It was an interesting deal and we hope to have the chance to work together again for other future projects.”, added Cosmin Tilea.
RTPR is well-known for its extended experience in transactions concerning private equity funds, during the last few years it was involved in most of the private equity deals in Romania, assisting both buyers and sellers. It advised on the largest and most interesting transactions in Romania and in the region and this brought the firm international recognition. The most important international legal directories, enjoying an unrivalled reputation, such as Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and IFLR1000, rank RTPR’s Corporate/M&A practice on the first tier. In the same time several team members are recommended as Leading Lawyers in this area.
Selected private equity deals in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA from PayPoint group
- Enterprise Investors on the sale of Profi supermarket chain to Mid Europa Partners, the largest deal ever completed by a private equity fund in Romania and the largest deal in the retail sector in the country’s history
- CEECAT Capital on the sale of Brikston Construction Solutions S.A., one of the major players on the masonry and finishing materials market in Romania, to the Austrian group Leier
- Highlander Partners on the acquisition of the majority stake in the Ares Group, the leading private provider of interventional cardiology procedures in Romania
- Enterprise Investors on the sale of Macon group to Xella Group
- South Eastern European Fund on the sale of Total Soft S.A., the most important ERP producer in Central Europe
- Centrul Medical Unirea (the healthcare services provider “Regina Maria”) and Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital
- Catalyst Romania, the private equity fund advised by 3TS Capital Partners on several investments in the TMT sector Avangate, Vector Watch, SmartDreamers, Intelligent IT, SmartBill and Marketizator Friends, Internet Corp, Vola, 123ContactForm, Simartis Telecom
- Advent International Corporation on the exit from Regina Maria