RTPR has provided legal advice to Meridiam SAS in relation to entering Netcity Telecom’s shareholding, the company that operates the underground telecommunications infrastructure in Bucharest. Meridiam is a global investor and asset manager based in Paris specialised in developing, financing and managing long-term public infrastructure projects. Meridiam manages assets of more than USD 18 billion and was involved in over 100 projects worldwide.
The RTPR team that assisted Meridiam in this project was made of Mihai Ristici (Partner), Roxana Ionescu (Counsel), Bogdan Cordos (Senior Associate), Codrina Simionescu, Cezara Urzica, Serban Halmagean, Petru Ursache and Petrus Partene (Associates). The team further included Raluca Nastase (Partner) on construction law aspects, as well as Victor Padurari (Partner) and Cosmin Tilea (Counsel) on finance related matters.
“We are honoured to have assisted Meridiam in their first project in Romania and we thank them for putting their trust in our team. We are happy to have ended 2021 with a new mandate which was successfully closed, a year with many accomplishments for our team and interesting deals. We are proud of our highly experienced M&A team which is constantly involved in the most sophisticated transactions on the market; this year we have signed 20 M&A mandates, an impressive number for the Romanian market”, declared Mihai Ristici, Partner RTPR.
“I would like to congratulate the Meridiam team for closing this acquisition and wish them the very best of luck in achieving their development plans. It was an extremely interesting and complex deal, we are equally happy and grateful for being part of this project and for supporting the exceptional Meridiam team in all stages of the deal”, declared Roxana Ionescu, Counsel RTPR.
RTPR Corporate/M&A team enjoys local and international recognition for landmark transactions in which it has advised in recent years. The practice is ranked first in the three international directories which are a benchmark for worldwide lawyers’ activity, Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR1000, and the team’s lawyers are recommended as Leading Lawyers in individual rankings.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest M&A transaction in Romania in the last 12 years
- Berg Software, a local software outsourcing and custom software development company, on the sale of 100% of the company to AROBS Transilvania Software, a provider of software services and solutions for various industries
- dual role on the investment of the private equity fund Morphosis Capital in Cronos Med Group, leader in aesthetic medicine in Romania.
- Sarmis Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in Corporate Office Solutions (COS), the leading integrated office fit-out services provider in Romania
- Morphosis Capital and a consortium of investors from Belgium on the acquisition of a majority stake in EMI Equipement Maintenance Industrie, market leader in industrial access systems
- Oresa on the acquisition of logistics and industrial park Solo Iasi from Tester Group owned by Romanian businessman Bogdan Pitigoi
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA, a market leading consumer payments operator in Romania, from PayPoint group
- OLX group on the acquisition of Kiwi Finance, the biggest loan intermediary on the Romanian market, from Oresa Ventures
- the founders of Keez in relation to the sale of the majority stake to Visma group, one of the largest software development companies in Romania, based in Norway
- B+N Referencia Zrt., the market leader in the field of facility management in Hungary, on the acquisition of the main subsidiaries of the ISS group, a global leader in outsourcing, in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and Hungary
- the shareholders of Te-Rox Prod, a Romanian company and a leading European producer of covers and harness systems for child safety seats in relation to the sale of the business to the Swedish group Holmbergs