RTPR has assisted LKE Group, one of the most important German suppliers of handling and logistic products and systems, in relation to the acquisition of the majority shareholding stake in Someg S.A. and a part of Transcarpatica S.A. business located in Gherla, Cluj county. Someg S.A. produces a wide range of metal fabrications, forged and moulded products, metal containers, interior stairs and railings, as well as interior decorations. Transcarpatica S.A. is a Romanian company active in the steel processing industry.
“We are excited to develop our resources with a new production facility in Romania and to close this acquisition. Throughout the project we were professionally advised by the RTPR team whose involvement and support were paramount for the success of the deal. Their significant expertise in M&A and finance deals offered us the confidence from the early steps of the discussions to the finish line”, said Bjorn Riechers, CEO LKE Group.
RTPR’s mandate included legal assistance on all stages of the acquisition process – due diligence, negotiation of transaction documents, signing – as well as on the financing of the acquisition. Alina Stavaru (Partner) coordinated the multidisciplinary team of lawyers which included Bogdan Cordos (Energy Law Consultant), Andrei Tosa, Cezara Urzica, Marina Fecheta-Giurgica (Managing Associates), Codrina Simionescu, Petrus Partene (Associates) for the due diligence. The negotiation of transaction documents was realised by Alina Stavaru and Codrina Simionescu. Roxana Ionescu (Partner) provided advice in relation to the notification of the transaction to the Romanian Supreme Council of National Defence. For the financing transaction, the firm involved a team made of Victor Padurari (Partner), Poliana Gogu-Naum (Counsel) and Iustina Nastasa (Associate).
“I am happy that we had the chance to assist LKE Group in relation to this transaction, we would like to thank them for this mandate and to wish them the best of luck with their development plans in Romania. This is a new success for our Corporate/M&A team, who started the year at full strength, this project being the third M&A deal already announced this year, and in the following weeks we are going to announce other deals still ongoing at the moment”, declared Alina Stavaru, Partner RTPR.
“On behalf of the entire RTPR team, I would like to thank both our clients, LKE Group, Clairfield International and Banca Comerciala Romana for the excellent collaboration. Together we managed to successfully close an intense transaction which involved many specific aspects with a high level of complexity. We are pleased to contribute with our expertise to impactful projects for the development of the economy”, said Poliana Gogu Naum, Counsel at RTPR.
RTPR Corporate/M&A and Banking & Finance practices are some of the most experienced in Romania, in recent years being involved in many landmark transactions on the local and international market. Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Chambers, the most important international legal directories, rank the law firm in the first tiers for the two practice areas, both for team rankings and individual ones, several of the team’s lawyers are recommended as Leading Lawyers for these fields.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest M&A transaction in Romania in the last 12 years
- Meridiam SAS, a global investor and asset manager, in relation to entering Netcity Telecom’s shareholding, the company that operates the underground telecommunications infrastructure in Bucharest
- Autonom Services, the most important independent player on the operational leasing and rent-a-car markets in Romania, on the acquisition of Premium Leasing, the operational leasing business of Tiriac Group
- Sarmis Capital on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in Smart ID Dynamics S.A., an important provider of highly customised end-to-end automation solutions for intensive business environments, leader in the Romanian IT industry
- Berg Software, a local software outsourcing and custom software development company, on the sale of 100% of the company to AROBS Transilvania Software, a provider of software services and solutions for various industries
- dual role on the investment of the private equity fund Morphosis Capital in Cronos Med Group, leader in aesthetic medicine in Romania.
- Morphosis Capital and a consortium of investors from Belgium on the acquisition of a majority stake in EMI Equipement Maintenance Industrie, market leader in industrial access systems
- Adrian Ionescu, the founder of Adidana, one of the most important distributors of chemical fertilizers in the country, on the sale of 100% of the company to RDF, a major supplier of agricultural products, input distribution and grain trading, a company in the Roca Investments portfolio
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA, a market leading consumer payments operator in Romania, from PayPoint group