RTPR has assisted the largest Italian bank, Intesa Sanpaolo Bank in relation to the signing of the acquisition of First Bank from the American private investment fund J.C. Flowers. First Bank provides a diversified range of financial products and services to retail, SME and large corporate customers. The transaction will be completed after obtaining regulatory clearance.
The team of lawyers was coordinated by Costin Taracila (Managing Partner) and Alina Stavaru (Partner), and further included Roxana Ionescu (Partner), Ianita Tui, Cristina Enaga, Alexandru Stanoiu (Counsels), Diana Dimitriu, Ana Popa (Senior Associates), Andrei Tosa (Managing Associate), Serban Halmagean, Serban Nitulescu (Associates), Mihai Mutulescu, Miruna Tocileanu and Irina Marinescu (Junior Associates).
“We are grateful to the Intesa team for putting the trust in our team and we would like to congratulate them for this mandate. We are happy that our team was involved in a new significant transaction for the Romanian M&A market – the signing of two landmark deals in one weekend confirms RTPR’s place in the M&A elite in Romania”, declared Costin Taracila, Managing Partner of RTPR.
“It was an intense project that challenged our professional capabilities to the maximum and at full speed for several months. The success of this deal proves once again our ability to offer seamless expertise in the most sophisticated transactions. I would like to thank the entire project team for their involvement and to congratulate them on this new landmark transaction”, said Alina Stavaru, Partner of RTPR.
RTPR has unrivalled experience in corporate/M&A transactions, being one of the most active law firms in Romania with complex mandates in which it assists both sellers and buyers. The RTPR team enjoys international recognition, being recommended in the first tier by the three reputed international directories, Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR1000. At the same time several of the team’s lawyers are recommended as Leading Lawyers or Rising Stars in individual rankings produced by the same publications.
Selected corporate/M&A deals in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- MidEuropa Partners on the EUR1.3bn sale of Profi, in the largest transaction in the retail sector ever concluded in Romania
- Orange Money Romania, part of Orange group, on the transfer of its retail business to Alpha Bank Romania
- Romcim, part of the CRH Group, on the acquisition of Bauelemente Reinvest S.R.L. and its fully owned subsidiary, Bauelemente S.R.L., the market leader manufacturer of prefabricated reinforced and prestressed concrete in Romania
- AS Piletilevi Group on the acquisition of a majority stake in Departamentul Logistic Event S.R.L., the owner of the website bilete.ro
- Sarmis Capital on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in BMF Grup, the largest integrated facility management company on the Romanian market
- Regina Maria on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in the stomatology clinics chain Dr Leahu
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in NETOPIA Group, one of the best known payment service providers (PSP) in Romania
- GreenGroup, a company in the portfolio of private equity fund Abris Capital Partners, on the acquisition of UAB Zalvaris, the largest industrial waste management company in Lithuania, as well as on the acquisition of UAB Ecso, a Lithuanian LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) recycling company
- Enterprise Investors on the sale of Noriel, the largest toys and games retailer in Romania, to Sunman Group
- Jean Valvis on the strategic agreement between AQUA Carpatica, the premium Romanian spring water owned by Carpathian Springs SA company, and the American corporation PepsiCo for a 20 percent equity stake in AQUA Carpatica
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania