BUCHAREST – RTPR Allen & Overy has advised private equity fund CEECAT Capital on the sale of Brikston Construction Solutions S.A. (previously Ceramica S.A.) to the Austrian group Leier.
Brikston Construction Solutions S.A. is one of the major players on the masonry and finishing materials market in Romania, with over 200 employees in the factory in Iasi.
The team of lawyers who assisted the client on this project included Costin Tărăcilă (Managing Partner), Andrei Mihul (Managing Associate) and Marina Giurgică (Junior Associate).
Yilmaz Karakas, Investment Manager at CEECAT Capital declared: “Once more, we are very satisfied with our cooperation with RTPR Allen & Overy and enjoyed working with their team on this transaction. Combined with their extensive expertise in M&A practices, their negotiation and drafting skills, responsiveness and result oriented approach were the main decision factors for us. We believe they stand out as one of the best M&A legal advisory firms in the country and we thank all the team who was involved in this project. I am sure we will maintain our strong cooperation with RTPR Allen & Overy in future projects as well.”
“We would like to thank CEECAT for putting their trust in us once again and for giving us the opportunity to work on this deal. As both parties knew from the very beginning what they wanted from this deal, and since Leier did not match the conditions to reach the threshold for which the Competition Council’s approval would have been necessary, the transaction was successfully finalised in a record timeframe from the first talks between the parties.”, Andrei Mihul declared.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s Corporate/M&A team is one of the most valued in the country, the lawyers are well-respected both in Romania and at international level through numerous prizes and awards offered by legal publications. Among the ones received in 2018 we mention the awards granted by Ziarul Financiar at the Lawyers’ Gala for the largest transactions in 2017 and the first half of this year for the largest deal in the medical services/pharma industry – granted for the acquisition of A&D Pharma by Penta Investment, largest deal in the industry – granted for DS Smith’s acquisition of EcoPack and EcoPaper from Vladimir Cohn, and largest deal in the construction materials sector – granted for the acquisition of Macon Deva by Xella from Enterprise Investors. RTPR Allen & Overy’s Corporate/M&A practice is ranked in the first tier by all important international legal directories, such as Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR1000.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
- the shareholders of A&D Pharma, the largest pharma group in Romania, operating wholesale, retail and marketing & sales business and with operations in CEE as well, on the sale of the entire group to Dr Max, the Czech pharmacy chain owned by Penta Investments
- AROBS Transilvania, a market leader in software products and services development, on the acquisition of SAS Grup
- Autonom Services on the acquisition of BT Operational Leasing, the operational leasing company currently owned by Banca Transilvania group
- Enterprise Investors on the sale of Macon group to Xella Group
- Societatea Energetică Electrica S.A. on the acquisition of the minority stakes held by Fondul Proprietatea in the company’s energy distribution and supply subsidiaries
- DS Smith Plc group in relation to the acquisition of EcoPack and EcoPaper, two major producers of packaging and paper products on the Romanian market
- Enterprise Investors in relation to the sale of Profi supermarket chain to Mid Europa Partners, in the largest deal ever completed by a private equity fund in Romania and the largest deal in the retail sector in the country’s history
- Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. on the acquisition of Ursus Brewery, one of the largest beer producers in Romania, in a huge deal in which Asahi group purchased the SAB Miller businesses in the region from Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Allianz Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 30% stake in E.ON Distributie Romania, the largest electricity and gas distribution network operator in the northern part of Romania. This is the largest transaction in Romania in the energy sector in the last years.
- South Eastern European Fund on the sale of Total Soft SA, the most important ERP producer in Central Europe
- Enterprise Investors in relation to the acquisition of “Noriel” group, the largest toys and games retailer in Romania
- Regina Maria, the healthcare services provider and Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital
*As of 2 March 2020 RTPR Allen & Overy will refer to itself as RTPR.