RTPR has assisted AS Piletilevi Group in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake in Departamentul Logistic Event S.R.L., the owner of the website bilete.ro. AS Piletilevi Group is an international ticket sales and event organisation company with operations in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. This transaction marks the first investment made by Piletilevi Group outside the Baltic states. The transaction is subject to FDI approval and the fulfilment of the conditions precedent agreed by the parties.
The project team was made of Costin Taracila (Managing Partner), Cristina Enaga (Counsel), Ana Maria Barbu, Diana Dimitriu (Senior Associates) and Flavia Mincu (Junior Associate). Roxana Ionescu (Partner) and Serban Halmagean (Associate) will advise on the FDI approval.
Piletilevi Group CEO, Sven Nuutmann: “We would like to thank the RTPR team for the excellent cooperation in preparing and signing the deal. We are looking forward to the deal coming into force and to start working with the Bilete.ro team.”
“This is a new success for our Corporate/M&A team, this project being the third M&A deal we have announced in the last 10 days. We are proud of our talented and experienced team that is constantly involved in the most complex and innovative projects on the market and enjoys the appreciation of clients and competitors alike. I take the liberty to quote a client statement for Chambers Europe “The success of any RTPR lawyer is the success of the group which makes them very strong”. Congratulations to the entire team!”, declared Costin Taracila, Managing Partner of RTPR.
“We are pleased for having the chance to contribute to the successful signing of this deal, and on a personal level, one of my first mandates since joining RTPR. I would like to congratulate the Piletilevi Group and wish them the best of luck in their development and expansion plans in Romania and in the region, the partnership with Bilete.ro being the first step towards this goal”, said Cristina Enaga, Counsel at RTPR.
RTPR’s Corporate/M&A team is well known for its extended transactional experience. Last year, RTPR signed 26 M&A transactions, out of which 10 private equity deals. Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR1000, the most reputed international legal directories, rank RTPR’s Corporate/M&A practice in first tier in the annual rankings for the law firms in Romania. At the same time several of the team’s lawyers are recommended as Leading Lawyers or Rising Stars in individual rankings produced by these publications.
Selected corporate/M&A deals in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in EMI (EMI Equipement Maintenance Industrie S.A.), market leader in industrial access systems
- Sarmis Capital on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in BMF Grup, the largest integrated facility management company on the Romanian market
- Regina Maria on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in the stomatology clinics chain Dr Leahu
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in NETOPIA Group, one of the best known payment service providers (PSP) in Romania
- AROBS Transilvania Software, an important Romanian company that provides software services and solutions in various industries, on the acquisition of the Future WorkForce Global group, specialised in providing complex business process automation solutions
- GreenGroup, a company in the portfolio of private equity fund Abris Capital Partners, on the acquisition of UAB Zalvaris, the largest industrial waste management company in Lithuania, as well as on the acquisition of UAB Ecso, a Lithuanian LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) recycling company
- Enterprise Investors on the sale of Noriel, the largest toys and games retailer in Romania, to Sunman Group
- Jean Valvis on the strategic agreement between AQUA Carpatica, the premium Romanian spring water owned by Carpathian Springs SA company, and the American corporation PepsiCo for a 20 percent equity stake in AQUA Carpatica
- African Industries Group on the acquisition of World Class Romania, the largest health and fitness network in Romania
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest M&A transaction in Romania in the last 12 years