RTPR has assisted the private equity fund Morphosis Capital and a consortium of investors which includes family offices from Belgium, Vybros, Tilleghem and other investors in the Morphosis fund, in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake in EMI Equipement Maintenance Industrie S.A. from the founder Jerome France. Market leader in industrial access systems, EMI provides integrated consulting, design, manufacturing, assembly, maintenance and service solutions for all areas of activity that require industrial closure solutions.
Alina Stavaru (Partner) and Vlad Stamatescu (Managing Associate) coordinated the team of lawyers that provided legal advice on this mandate and which included Petru Ursache, Cristi Porojanu, Cezara Urzica, Codrina Simionescu, Petrus Partene (Associates) and Raluca Marcu (Junior Associate). Roxana Ionescu (Counsel) coordinated the competition aspects of the transaction.
“We would like to thank Alina Stavaru and her team for their support. It was a complex deal, together with co-investors and an innovative financial structure. Alina and the RTPR team rose to the challenge and guided us step by step towards the desired outcome”, declared Andrei Gemeneanu, Managing Partner Morphosis Capital
“Together with its new investors EMI will go into a new development phase, an important step for an entrepreneurial company in the production sector. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank our clients for putting their trust in us and we are happy to have been on their side for this new acquisition”, declared Alina Stavaru, Partner, RTPR.
“We are pleased we had the opportunity to be part of the success of this deal. It was a complex project, but the excellent collaboration between all parties involved and the consultants led to the desired result. Congratulations to all for this success!”, declared Vlad Stamatescu, Managing Associate, RTPR.
RTPR’s Corporate/M&A team is one of the best rated among law firms in Romania, every year being recommended by prestigious international legal directories, Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR1000. The guides rank RTPR’s Corporate/M&A practice on the top tier of their annual rankings, the lawyers’ unparalleled experience in the most sophisticated transactions on the market is recognised in individual rankings as well, with several of the team’s lawyers being recommended as Leading Lawyers for this field.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest deal in Romania in the last 12 years
- Oresa on the acquisition of logistics and industrial park Solo Iasi from Tester Group owned by Romanian businessman Bogdan Pitigoi
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA from PayPoint group
- OLX group on the acquisition of Kiwi Finance, the biggest loan intermediary on the Romanian market, from Oresa Ventures
- The founders of Keez in relation to the sale of the majority stake to Visma group, one of the largest software development companies in Romania, based in Norway
- The shareholders of Te-Rox Prod, a Romanian company and a leading European producer of covers and harness systems for child safety seats on the sale of the business to the Swedish group Holmbergs
- The shareholders of Intelligent IT, the company renowned for the billing software SmartBill, in relation to the sale of the business to Visma group
- The shareholders of Sano Vita, one of the most reputable and trusted food brands in Romania, on the sale of the business to the American private equity fund Highlander Partners