BUCHAREST – RTPR Allen & Overy has advised the syndicate of banks made up of ING Bank N.V. through ING Bank N.V. Amsterdam – Bucharest Branch, Banca Comerciala Romana, Raiffeisen Bank SA and UniCredit Bank SA in relation to a credit facility in amount of USD 360 million granted to KMG International group for covering the regular needs in the group activity.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team was coordinated by Partner Victor Padurari and Senior Associate Poliana Gogu-Naum and further included Andreea Burtoiu (Counsel), Bianca Eremia (Managing Associate), Andreea Trica (Junior Associate) and Loredana Duica (Junior Associate), as well as a team of lawyers from Allen & Overy’s Bratislava office coordinated by Counsel Attila Csongrady and including Peter Redo (Senior Associate) and Petra Dzubakova (Lawyer) on English law aspects of the transaction.
“We are happy we had the opportunity to advise the financing banks in relation to this transaction, after we have advised them back in 2015 on the initial financing of KMG International. It was a complex deal, but equally beautiful and intense, and we are proud to add it to the already impressive deal portfolio of our banking and finance team. Congratulations to all the parties involved in this transaction and thank you to all the colleagues in the project team.”, Victor Padurari declared.
Poliana Gogu-Naum commented: “We are honoured to have contributed to the realisation of an important deal for one of the biggest companies in the Romanian economy. We would like to thank our clients for putting their trust in us.”
The most prestigious international legal guides Legal 500 and IFLR1000 rank RTPR Allen & Overy’s Banking & Finance practice on the top tier. In Legal 500’s recently published edition, which ranks us on the first tier for the 8th consecutive year, clients declared: “RTPR Allen & Overy ‘delivers high-quality advice in an efficient manner’ and ‘analyses all details of a transaction’.”
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected financings in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
- ING Bank N.V. Amsterdam – Bucharest Branch and an international financial institution on a EUR 96 million financing for CTPark Bucharest S.R.L. and CTPark Gamma S.R.L., members of CTP Group, one of the most active investors in industrial and logistics spaces in Romania
- an international financial institution on a USD60m secured financing to SNTGN Transgaz SA Medias, the national gas transmission grid operator, for the construction of Phase 1 of the Bulgaria-Romania-Hungary-Austria pipeline/corridor (BRUA project)
- Raiffeisen Bank International AG and Raiffeisen Bank SA (Romania) on a financing of up to EUR49.4m granted to a Romanian subsidiary of CTP Group for the development of a logistic park near Bucharest, Romania
- Raiffeisen Bank SA (Romania) on the restructuring of a financing of up to EUR16.2m and extension of a new financing of up to EUR7.6m to a Romanian real estate developer, CTP Group, for the development of a logistic park near Cluj Napoca
- a syndicate of banks led by Raiffeisen Bank International AG in the context of the extension and certain amendments put in place in relation to Alro financing arrangements of USD167m
- Banca Comercială Română on the EUR50m financing extended to Kronospan Sebes (Romania) for the refinancing of its existing debt
- an international financial institution on the EUR10m loan to Calihory Group operating under the DONA brand, one of Romania’s leading retailers and suppliers of pharmaceuticals, to finance the expansion and refurbishment of the company’s network and the construction of a new warehouse
- the arranging banks, Erste Group Bank AG, ING Bank N.V., Raiffeisen Bank Polska S.A., Bank BGŻ BNP Paribas S.A., Bank Zachodni WBK S.A. (a member of Santander Group) and Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności Bank Polski S.A. on a EUR177m financing for P&P Spearhead, a group engaged in the agricultural sector primarily in Central and Eastern Europe
*As of 2 March 2020 RTPR Allen & Overy will refer to itself as RTPR.