RTPR has assisted EMI Group, a globally recognised leader in the industrial access systems industry in relation to the acquisition of KADRA, the only Romanian company that offers technical integrated solutions in access engineering and access management. The partnership of the two firms will create a strong presence in the construction and service market.
The team of lawyers was coordinated by Alina Stavaru (Partner), with support from Cristina Enaga (Counsel) for the transactions documents and Cezara Urzica (Managing Associate) for the due diligence. The team further included Marina Fecheta-Giurgica, Andrei Tosa (Managing Associates), Flavia Mincu, Mihai Mutulescu, George Capota, Maria Luca and Irina Marinescu (Junior Associates). Roxana Ionescu (Partner) and Serban Halmagean (Associate) advised on competition and FDI aspects of the deal.
“I would like to congratulate EMI Group and Kadra, as well as Innova Capital and Morphosis Capital on the successful completion of this deal. This new partnership is a testament to EMI Group’s vision to offer its clients unparalleled service levels in Europe. The success of our clients is our success as well and we are proud to have contributed to this achievement”, said Alina Stavaru, Partner of RTPR.
In 2021 RTPR has also advised private equity fund Morphosis Capital and a consortium of investors from Belgium on the acquisition of a majority stake in EMI Equipement Maintenance Industrie, and earlier this year Innova Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in EMI.
RTPR has unrivalled experience in corporate/M&A transactions, being one of the most active law firms in Romania with complex mandates in which it assists both sellers and buyers. The RTPR team enjoys international recognition, being recommended in the first tier by the three reputed international directories, Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR1000. At the same time several of the team’s lawyers are recommended as Leading Lawyers or Rising Stars in individual rankings produced by the same publications.
Selected corporate/M&A deals in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- MidEuropa Partners on the EUR1.3bn sale of Profi, in the largest transaction in the retail sector ever concluded in Romania
- Intesa Sanpaolo Bank, the largest Italian bank, on the acquisition of First Bank from the American private investment fund J.C. Flowers
- IPS Solutions, leader on the European software market, on the acquisition of the majority stake in Avaelgo SRL, a Romanian IT services company, from the founder Mihai Tataran
- Orange Money Romania, part of Orange group, on the transfer of its retail business to Alpha Bank Romania
- Romcim, part of the CRH Group, on the acquisition of Bauelemente Reinvest S.R.L. and its fully owned subsidiary, Bauelemente S.R.L., the market leader manufacturer of prefabricated reinforced and prestressed concrete in Romania
- AS Piletilevi Group on the acquisition of a majority stake in Departamentul Logistic Event S.R.L., the owner of the website bilete.ro
- Sarmis Capital on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in BMF Grup, the largest integrated facility management company on the Romanian market
- Regina Maria on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in the stomatology clinics chain Dr Leahu
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in NETOPIA Group, one of the best known payment service providers (PSP) in Romania
- GreenGroup, a company in the portfolio of private equity fund Abris Capital Partners, on the acquisition of UAB Zalvaris, the largest industrial waste management company in Lithuania, as well as on the acquisition of UAB Ecso, a Lithuanian LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) recycling company