RTPR has assisted Arval Service Lease Romania S.R.L., part of BNP Paribas Group, in relation to the acquisition of a part of the operational leasing activity of BCR Fleet Management from BCR Fleet Management S.R.L. Completion of the transaction is subject to approval by the Competition Council and other conditions precedent agreed by the parties.
BCR Group and Arval will continue the collaboration for the marketing of the mobility solutions offered by Arval for BCR clients. Arval specialises in full-service vehicle leasing and new mobility solutions.
RTPR involved in this deal a team made of Mihai Ristici (Partner), Roxana Ionescu (Partner), Marina Fecheta-Giurgica (Managing Associate), Serban Halmagean (Associate) and Ozana Ghic (Junior Associates) for the transaction documents, and further included Diana Dimitriu, Cezara Urzică (Managing Associates) and Flavia Mincu (Junior Associate) for the due diligence process. Roxana Ionescu (Partner) and Serban Halmagean (Associate) advised on competition aspects of the transaction.
The RTPR team worked closely with BNP Paribas’s in-house M&A legal team comprised of Louis-Philippe Vasconcelos (Head of Legal M&A) and Cira Caroscio (Senior Legal Counsel M&A).
“Congratulations Arval for signing this transaction. This deal reconfirms the quality of our team which is constantly involved in the most interesting and sophisticated mandates in the M&A area. We are honoured to have contributed to the success of this deal”, declared Mihai Ristici, Partner RTPR.
“I would like to thank the Arval team for their excellent collaboration on this project. We are happy that we had the opportunity to contribute to the creation of this partnership between Arval and the BCR group. We wish them every success in their future collaboration and we are prepared for new challenges”, said Marina Fecheta-Giurgica, Managing Associate at RTPR.
RTPR is recognised for its impressive experience in the most sophisticated M&A transactions, every year the firm being recommended in the top of the specialty rankings. International legal directories Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR1000 which carry out detailed research of the global legal market every year, rank the Corporate/M&A practice in the first tier. Client feedback is equally rewarding: “The most commercial M&A legal practice in Romania (…) well equipped to address complex deals with a strong understanding of sophisticated client needs.”, for Legal 500 2022.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest M&A transaction in Romania in the last 12 years
- Meridiam SAS, a global investor and asset manager, in relation to entering Netcity Telecom’s shareholding, the company that operates the underground telecommunications infrastructure in Bucharest
- African Industries Group on the acquisition of World Class Romania, the largest health and fitness network in Romania
- LKE Group, one of the most important German suppliers of handling and logistic products and systems, on the acquisition of the majority shareholding stake in Someg S.A. and a part of Transcarpatica S.A. business
- Autonom Services, the most important independent player on the operational leasing and rent-a-car markets in Romania, on the acquisition of Premium Leasing, the operational leasing business of Tiriac Group
- AROBS Transilvania Software, an important Romanian company that provides software services and solutions in various industries, on the acquisition of Enea Services Romania SRL, the software development services business of the Swedish group Enea AB
- Sarmis Capital on the acquisition of a majority shareholding stake in Smart ID Dynamics S.A., an important provider of highly customised end-to-end automation solutions for intensive business environments, leader in the Romanian IT industry
- dual role on the investment of the private equity fund Morphosis Capital in Cronos Med Group, leader in aesthetic medicine in Romania.
- Morphosis Capital and a consortium of investors from Belgium on the acquisition of a majority stake in EMI Equipement Maintenance Industrie, market leader in industrial access systems
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA, a market leading consumer payments operator in Romania, from PayPoint group