RTPR has assisted OLX group in relation to the acquisition of Kiwi Finance from Oresa Ventures. The transaction, signed at the end of October, was closed yesterday, after the fulfilment of conditions precedent and the approval of the Competition Council. Kiwi Finance is the biggest loan intermediary on the Romanian market.
The RTPR team was coordinated by Roxana Ionescu (Counsel) and Andrei Mihul (Senior Associate) under the supervision of Costin Taracila (Managing Partner), and further included Marina Fecheta-Giurgica (Associate), Vicu Buzac (Managing Associate), Raluca Tudoroiu (Managing Associate), Andrada Rusan, Petru Ursache, Codrina Simionescu (Associates) and Petrus Partene (Junior Associate).
“We are very satisfied with our cooperation with RTPR and enjoyed working with their team on this transaction. They have extensive expertise in M&A practices and negotiating skills and have been a great sparring partner to OLX during the whole process. They have shown flexibility, accountability and kept the momentum at all times”, declared Ida Kuijken, Head of M&A OLX Group.
“We are happy to announce the closing of the acquisition of Kiwi Finance by OLX group. We would like to thank our clients for trusting us with this mandate and to wish them good luck with their development plans. We are proud to add this project to the impressive track record of our Corporate and M&A team, who has successfully signed 8 M&A deals recently”, said Roxana Ionescu.
“When all involved parties have a constructive approach, the success of a transaction is guaranteed. We thank OLX, Oresa and Anca for the excellent collaboration in all phases of this interesting and complex transaction. We are equally happy and honoured to have worked on this project and we are eager to see the next challenges”, added Andrei Mihul.
RTPR is constantly present in the rankings realised each year by international legal directories. Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR1000 include its Corporate/M&A practice on their top tier, while the firm’s lawyers are recognised as Leading Lawyers. This deal reconfirms the expertise of the team which is involved in the most important and sophisticated mandates on the market.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest deal in Romania in the last 12 years
- the shareholders of Te-Rox Prod, a Romanian company and a leading European producer of covers and harness systems for child safety seats on the sale of the business to the Swedish group Holmbergs
- Mitiska REIM, through its local vehicle, on the sale of a single real estate property in Romania
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA from PayPoint group
- the shareholders of Sano Vita, one of the most reputable and trusted food brands in Romania, on the sale of the business to the American private equity fund Highlander Partners