BUCHAREST – RTPR Allen & Overy has advised Mitiska REIM, through its local vehicle, in relation to the acquisition of a property located in Brasov, where a retail store is located. The transaction was structured as an asset deal and was signed at the end of May.
Mitiska REIM is a Belgian privately held specialist real estate investment and fund management which invests exclusively in the niche of retail parks in Europe.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team was coordinated by Victor Rusu (Counsel) working under the supervision of Costin Tărăcilă (Managing Partner), and further included Vlad Stamatescu (Associate), Petru Ursache (Associate) and Cezara Popescu (Junior Associate).
“We are delighted to have signed this transaction with RTPR Allen & Overy’s team help and we would like to thank them for their involvement and support. We had on our side a dedicated team of lawyers, and their significant expertise in M&A and Real Estate deals offered us the confidence of each step along the project.”, declared Tomas Cifra, Investment Director for CEE (Mitiska REIM).
“It was a challenging project, but equally interesting, which I had the chance to coordinate during the entire acquisition process. We would like to thank our client for putting their trust in us for this mandate as well as for the constructive and professional collaboration throughout the process. We are happy to successfully finalise this transaction and we hope to work together for other projects as well.”, Victor Rusu declared.
RTPR Allen &Overy Corporate/M&A practice is recognised as one of the best in Romania being ranked on the top tier by all important international legal directories, such as Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR1000. Over the years the RTPR Allen & Overy team was involved in the most interesting transactions on the market. At the beginning of June, RTPR Allen & Overy has won 2017 Deal of the Year Award for Romania at the CEE Legal Matters Awards Banquet, for the sale of A&D Pharma.
Selected M&A and Real Estate transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
- the shareholders of A&D Pharma, the largest pharma group in Romania, operating wholesale, retail and marketing & sales business and with operations in CEE as well, on the sale of the entire group to Dr Max, the Czech pharmacy chain owned by Penta Investments;
- Autonom Services on the acquisition of BT Operational Leasing, the operational leasing company currently owned by Banca Transilvania group;
- Enterprise Investors on the sale of Macon group to Xella Group;
- Societatea Energetică Electrica S.A. on the acquisition of the minority stakes held by Fondul Proprietatea in the company’s energy distribution and supply subsidiaries;
- ADM Capital on the sale of Brikston Construction Solutions S.A., one of the major players on the masonry and finishing materials market in Romania, to the Austrian group Wienerberger;
- DS Smith Plc group in relation to the acquisition of EcoPack and EcoPaper, two major producers of packaging and paper products on the Romanian market;
- Enterprise Investors in relation to the sale of Profi supermarket chain to Mid Europa Partners, in the largest deal ever completed by a private equity fund in Romania and the largest deal in the retail sector in the country’s history;
- Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. on the acquisition of Ursus Brewery, one of the largest beer producers in Romania, in a huge deal in which Asahi group purchased the SAB Miller businesses in the region from Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV;
- Allianz Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 30% stake in E.ON Distributie Romania, the largest electricity and gas distribution network operator in the northern part of Romania;
- CA Immo on the sale of its logistics portfolio in Romania and Poland to PointPark Properties;
- Hypothekenbank Frankfurt AG, a subsidiary of Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, on the sale of a Europe-wide commercial real estate portfolio (consisting of 5 shopping malls) as regards the matters in Romania;
- Apex Alliance Hotels on the acquisition of a plot of land of approximately 3,000 sqm located in Bucharest for the development of a hotel;
- Benevo Capital on the complex acquisition of 9 hectares of land located in Bucharest and the simultaneous disposal of part of the land to other two interested purchasers.
*As of 2 March 2020 RTPR Allen & Overy will refer to itself as RTPR.