BUCHAREST – RTPR Allen & Overy has advised AROBS Transilvania, a market leader in software products and services development, in relation to the acquisition of SAS Grup. SAS Grup owns alarma.ro and is one of the main players in the fleet monitoring solutions field in Romania. The deal was signed in August and closed in October.
The team of lawyers who assisted the client on this project was coordinated by Costin Tărăcilă (Managing Partner), assisted by Alina Stăvaru (Counsel) and further included Vicu Buzac (Managing Associate), Cezara Popescu and Laura Mavrodin (Junior Associates).
“We are happy to have closed this transaction and would like to thank our client AROBS Transilvania for this mandate and for praising “RTPR Allen & Overy team’s experience and professionalism” that played a very important role in the successful closing of all necessary operations, as our client declared. We trust that this acquisition is only a step in AROBS Transilvania development plans and we wish them to continue their expansion at national and regional level.”, Alina Stăvaru declared.
RTPR Allen & Overy boasts one of the most performant corporate/M&A teams in Romania being ranked in the first tier by all important international legal directories, such as Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR1000. Recently at the Lawyers’ Gala organised by Ziarul Financiar, RTPR Allen & Overy won three awards for the largest transactions in 2017 and the first half of this year for the largest deal in the medical services/pharma industry – granted for the acquisition of A&D Pharma by Penta Investment, largest deal in the industry – granted for DS Smith’s acquisition of EcoPack and EcoPaper from Vladimir Cohn, and largest deal in the construction materials sector – granted for the acquisition of Macon Deva by Xella from Enterprise Investors.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
- the shareholders of A&D Pharma, the largest pharma group in Romania, operating wholesale, retail and marketing & sales business and with operations in CEE as well, on the sale of the entire group to Dr Max, the Czech pharmacy chain owned by Penta Investments
- Autonom Services on the acquisition of BT Operational Leasing, the operational leasing company currently owned by Banca Transilvania group
- Enterprise Investors on the sale of Macon group to Xella Group
- Societatea Energetică Electrica S.A. on the acquisition of the minority stakes held by Fondul Proprietatea in the company’s energy distribution and supply subsidiaries
- DS Smith Plc group in relation to the acquisition of EcoPack and EcoPaper, two major producers of packaging and paper products on the Romanian market
- Enterprise Investors in relation to the sale of Profi supermarket chain to Mid Europa Partners, in the largest deal ever completed by a private equity fund in Romania and the largest deal in the retail sector in the country’s history
- Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. on the acquisition of Ursus Brewery, one of the largest beer producers in Romania, in a huge deal in which Asahi group purchased the SAB Miller businesses in the region from Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Allianz Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 30% stake in E.ON Distributie Romania, the largest electricity and gas distribution network operator in the northern part of Romania. This is the largest transaction in Romania in the energy sector in the last years.
- South Eastern European Fund on the sale of Total Soft SA, the most important ERP producer in Central Europe
- Enterprise Investors in relation to the acquisition of “Noriel” group, the largest toys and games retailer in Romania
- Regina Maria, the healthcare services provider and Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital
*As of 2 March 2020 RTPR Allen & Overy will refer to itself as RTPR.