RTPR has assisted Aegon in relation to the sale of its operations in Romania to Vienna Insurance Group AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe (VIG), as part of a regional deal with a total value of EUR 830 million. The transaction included Hungary, Poland, Romania and Turkey and involved insurance, pension and asset management business.
The deal was coordinated by Allen & Overy Amsterdam, the project team being led by Katinka Middelkoop (Partner) and further included lawyers in A&O offices in Hungary, Poland and Turkey. The RTPR team was led by Mihai Ristici (Partner); Vlad Stamatescu (Managing Associate) and Marina Fecheta-Giurgica (Associate) coordinated the matter. The team further included Roxana Ionescu (Counsel), Vicu Buzac (Managing Associate), Cezara Urzica (Associate), Ioana Ilie, Andrei Costea, Petrus Partene, Radu Manu and Laura Costea (Junior Associates).
“We are honoured to have been part of this strategic transaction in the insurance and pension funds management sectors and to have contributed to its success. The collaboration of our team with our colleagues in Allen & Overy’s offices in several countries once again proves its value and efficiency. Also, big thanks to the wider RTPR team who made this possible”, said Vlad Stamatescu.
RTPR has one of the most experienced and appreciated Corporate/M&A teams, every year being recommended in international legal publications, such as Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR1000. RTPR lawyers are in their turn recognised among the best in the country and are appreciated as Leading Lawyers in their area of expertise.
Since the end of October RTPR team has announced the signing of 8 M&A deals, a genuine record for the Romanian market, especially in such a year when M&A deals have seen a significant decrease globally in the Covid-19 context.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest deal in Romania in the last 12 years
- the shareholders of Te-Rox Prod, a Romanian company and a leading European producer of covers and harness systems for child safety seats on the sale of the business to the Swedish group Holmbergs
- Mitiska REIM, through its local vehicle, on the sale of a single real estate property in Romania
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA from PayPoint group
- the shareholders of Sano Vita, one of the most reputable and trusted food brands in Romania, on the sale of the business to the American private equity fund Highlander Partners