We are ideally looking for a highly motivated lawyer who combines good academic credentials with sound practical experience, good business judgement and strong interpersonal skills. Candidates should be articulate, show a genuine interest in the subject and be committed to their continuing development as a lawyer. We are looking for a lawyer with the potential and ambition to be a leader in their field and who takes responsibility for, and pride in, the team’s work product.
Corporate/M&A Lawyer (4-7 years of experience)
We are looking for a corporate / M&A lawyer (4-7 years of experience) to join RTPRRTPR’s corporate practice has been consistently ranked among the market leaders in Bucharest. With a practice ranked in Tier 1 in all three important legal directories Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR1000 and several lawyers recognised as leading lawyers or rising stars, RTPR is a leading adviser on complex, cross-border, high value and strategic M&A transactions. We have advised clients on a number of landmark M&A transactions, restructurings, joint ventures, commercial and contract issues, competition issues, employment matters and share schemes. We have also provided corporate legal services to many clients setting up operations in Romania for the first time and continue to advise them on their operations here. We support buyers and sellers at all stages of the transaction, from bid preparation and submission to negotiation, sign-off and close. We’re known for getting to the heart of the most complex issues, creating the right strategy and deal structure and minimising the risk involved.
- You will be a part of a well-integrated team that works on high profile local and international corporate/M&A deals.
- We offer you a dynamic work environment and the opportunity to be a part of a leading law firm.
- You will be a part of a young and dynamic team, closely involved in both cross-departmental and cross-border transactions.
- We offer dedicated local and international training programmes.
- We offer career progression and an attractive financial package.
- A qualified lawyer with 4-7 years of experience in general corporate and M&A (the candidate should have participated in several due diligence exercises and drafted transaction documents)
- Sector experience (energy, healthcare, pharma etc.) or experience in other practice areas such as competition, employment etc. would be an advantage
- Excellent English skills
- Proven drafting skills
- Training from a leading law firm with strong technical knowledge and experience in your area of expertise
- Ability to play a lead or second in command role on small to medium size transactions and run transactions and teams with a minimum of supervision
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment